Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Sandpoint top



I was asked to be a pattern tester for the Sandpoint Top from Helena of Gray all Day. This is the first pattern by Helena and I look forward to more. I was given view A the V neck version.




My measurements are between the XS and the S which is pretty standard for me. I wanted the top to be a loose casual weekend top so I  went with the small to be sure it was roomy enough. I have some lovely knit that I wanted to use but followed Helena's recommendations and selected fabric that wasn't near and dear to me. After all this was a test. I had a navy and white stripe in my stash from a trip to Joann's years ago to use.

I really tried hard at my testing role and find flaws with the pattern, or instructions but, every time I thought I found a something, I realized that I just missed part of the instructions.  I'll blame it on lazy Sunday sewing.

This pattern is for beginners and can be sewn on a standard machine or a serger. Novice sewers will enjoy the instant gratification that this pattern provides with no real fitting adjustments needed,
I have seen photos of others testing the pattern and am happy to see that it is flattering on many different shapes and sizes.



Here it is reversed just to prove the versatility.

When I make it again the only change I will make is to sew the size XS. I am  looking for the perfect slinky jersey to make a dressier version.
Thank you Helena for a fun and flattering pattern.
Happy Sewing!
Jennifer

7 comments:

  1. Looks great. I have to try out the v-neck version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being a tester! It looks great on you and I can't wait to see other versions. How fun to see it in a dressier fabric. Looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks adorable! Nice work on testing, Jenn, and nice pattern, Helena :) I think I prefer the drape in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can wear it both ways- clever design and great sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good. Cannot go wrong with stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice that it can look dressier reversed. Very becoming neckline on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this pattern the first time I saw it. It is just really flattering yet simple.
    Your version is no exception :)

    ReplyDelete