Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Planning for Sew for Victory 2.0

Lucky Lucille
I am planning for Sew for Victory Sew-Along Rochelle from Lucky Lucille. I have finally selected Hollywood 979 for my pattern from Finicky Pattern Shop on Etsy. I was drooling over so many beauties but decided this one could be worn in a more modern way.


Many other bloggers have already completed there garments or selected patterns and fabric. You can see more on the Flickr Group page.
While I wait the arrival of the pattern, I am trying to selected the perfect fabric. I have decided to go with a print which is unusual for me. Rochelle posted several guidelines for fabric to help with selection.

Lucky Lucille



I do not have anything in my stash to use so its time to shop. I have been
eyeing this pretty black and ivory, Anna Sui Starry Night Poly Crepe de Chine.

Mood Fabrics
I also love this white and black geometric print cotton lawn from my local fabric store 
Nancy's Sewing Basket.


My other thought is this pretty bird cotton print that I recently won from a giveaway hosted by one of my favorite dressmakers The Nerdy Seamstress.


Hmmm....decisions to make. Any thoughts?

I've been using Sew for Victory board on pinterest to gather inspiration. There is even more inspiration on Sew for Victory  the 2013 Video Parade on Rochelle's blog, Lucky Lucille. Anyone else want to join? The deadline is April 30th.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely pattern choice! And I really like the starry fabric ;)
    But all your options look great. Maybe the crepe will have the best drape for a dress though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I. think I may be leaning that way too.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pattern - definitely snaffleable! I do like all your fabric choices - I adore the birds! The starry night does seem easiest to pattern match perhaps? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about the pattern it would be easy to match the print with the stars and they almost look like polka dots which I originally thought I wanted. Thanks for your input.

      Delete
  3. I love the birds! The pattern is fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely thinking stars or birds. Can't wait to see how it works out, the pattern is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete