When Siri from The Pinhouse Playmate notified me of the nomination of the Liebster Award, I was both flattered and surprised. Someone out there, besides my immediate family actually reads my blog and even likes it. The Liebster award is handed out by fellow bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Basically, it is a fun way to get to know other bloggers and pass on the recognition. It takes a little time to complete the questions and choose you fellow bloggers to nominate but other than that it is relatively easy. I researched it before I started answering my questions and was surprised at the variety of comments. Some feel it is a chain letter sort of thing and they do not want to participate and other jump right in and feel the love.
I decided that since I never completed a traditional chain letter, you know the kind that comes in the mail hand written with something will happen if you do not send this to others, I would give it a try. It takes a little time to complete the questions and choose you fellow bloggers to nominate but other than that it is relatively easy.
I was nominated by Siri, who lives in Norway and started sewing in the Spring or 2013.
She has already made some great wardrobe staples with vintage style. I think my favorite is this birdcage blouse. I am in love with this whimsical fabric. Check out her blog for more.
You must answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
You yourself then pick 11 blogs who in turn have under 200 followers.
You must then think of 11 questions for the blogs you have picked and also tell them.
You must link back to the blog that nominated you.
Write 11 facts about yourself
My list of questions from Siri:
1. What do you find most challenging about blogging? Making time to blog on a regular basis and putting myself out there. I am a private person and it feels a little strange at times to photograph myself.
2. If you could choose any super power, what would it be? Hmm...so many good ones to choose from. Time Travel would be really sweet.
3. What is the most important thing in your life? My family.
4.Which object/tool could you not do without on a daily basis? Regular tool would be Dental Floss, I am a dental hygienist after all. Sewing tool would have to be a seam ripper. I use mine on every project.
5.What is your favorite movie of all time? Probably Gone wit the Wind with Breakfast at Tiffany's a close second.
6. What is your dream destination? Paris always.
7.Which wild animal do you find most fascinating? Tigers
8. What is the most romantic thing anyone's ever done for you? I like to think the most romantic thing has happened yet...perhaps today since it is Valentines Days.
9. Who do you admire the most, and why? That is a hard one. I admire so many women who are raising there family on there own, or making a real difference helping women in other countries earn a decent wage.I do not think I could pick a single one.
10. If you could make a living doing anything, which profession would you choose? I would love to get paid for all of my jobs that I do for free...Sewing, laundry, cooking, cleaning, counseling etc.
11. Describe yourself in 5 words. Friendly, Kind, Hardworking, Quiet, and a Neat Freak.
The 11 blogs that I would like to nominate are:
1. My Modern Vintage,she sews and knits(always impressive) She is de-stashing and currently hosting a pattern giveaway!
2. 20 Minutes 2 Sew, I love her recent post on nightgown and robe she completed.
3. dear mr rabbit, she has great vintage style for modern gals, see her latest sweet summer dress.
4. Gray All Day, She sews lovely things for her and her daughter in Seattle like me.
5. Is it fitting? One of my fellow Monthly Stitch contributors. Help her choose what pattern to sew next by voting in her blog.
6. The Spindle and the Spoon, I am swooning over the gorgeous 40's coat she is made.
7. Valerie's Own Sewing Blog, She is giving away patterns from her stash monthly. February had an Edith Head designer pattern that I was eyeing.
8. Curls n Skirls, She is participating in Sew Grateful week.
9. F is for Flamingo, she has done a fantastic job at sewing basics that she can wear everyday. So smart.
10. Urban Recyclist, she sews and knits trying to use recycled items. I love her super cute beret she recently knitted.
11. Missy's Craft Journal, she knits, sews and quilts, check out her amazing Unicorn Quilt.
Feel free to decline the nomination, I know we are all busy ladies and this can be a bit of a chore:)
My 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite thing that you have sewn or knit?
2. What is sewing tool do you use most?
3. Why do you sew?
4. What Style icon inspires you?
5. What is your favorite fictional character?
6. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
7. What are you most proud of?
8. Cat or dog?
9. Why do you blog?
10. If you could choose any super power what would it be? ( I know this is copying, but I thought it was a fun one)
11. Describe yourself in 3-5 words
and as if this post wasn't long enough...11 facts about me:
-I am a native Floridian transplanted to Seattle 16 years ago.
-I have an amazing vintage purse collection from my Great Grandmother, with one from the 20's.
-I have a very large cat.
-I used to make wine and had a licensed and bonded winery.
-I have been married 20 years!
-I love coconut in anything
-I have a small vegetable garden
-I love to read and explore used book stores.
-I gave went gluten free and dairy free 2 years ago
-I prefer urban vacations, exploring a new city and dining out.
-I am a distant relative of Charles Dickens.
Check out the blogs above and leave a comment, most of them are new like me and have few followers.
Happy Valentine's Day