Thursday, February 6, 2014

Vintage Pattern Pledge




I have decided after reading Marie from A Stitching Odssey that I will join her with a Vintage Pattern Pledge.
The requirement is to sew up 5 of my vintage patterns. I have many in my Etsy store and some that I have been holding onto to sew for myself.

             








               Here is the first one that I will sew. Recently purchased from Etsy. Simplicity 4137
Vintage 50s slip and petticoat sewing pattern. Simplicity 4137. Size 14. 0384
                                                       thevintagewifesews


This vintage slip with petticoat is for my daughter to wear with her Think Pink Dress.

With only pledging to sew 6 in 2014 this is a very reasonable goal for myself. I can easily get distracted by new patterns and sew alongs, and this will give me more of a deadline.  

 I have picked out these for myself.
          A cozy coat with camel colored cashmere blend wool purchased on sale and sitting in my stash.
1950s  Boxy short Coat , Butterick 7045 Size 12
Vintage Sewing Suite



1950s Blouse and Full Skirt , Simplicity 3857 Size 12
Vintage Sewing Suite

A Summer Sleeveless Blouse in white cotton with embroidered dots ( in my stash)

Scan0014 - Copyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I have a lovely midnight navy silk charmeuse in my stash for these luxurious pjs.
If your interested in joining along check out her Blog and read more.
Need more inspiration? My Etsy Store Vintage Sewing Suite is having a sale 15% off any pattern over $5.00.  Just type in  FEB15. Several other vintage pattern sellers are also offering discounts, here are the details if you are interested February Blitz.
Happy Friday!
Jennifer




3 comments:

  1. I send wishes for time and energy to succeed in your projects. I remember the times I had such projects to do, making clothes for myself. You have surpassed me in technique, I am sure. Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am not sure I have passed you in technique and your hand stitching skills will always be much better than mine.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, what beautiful patterns you've picked! Can't wait to see them...thanks so much for joining in!!!

    ReplyDelete