Sunday, February 16, 2014

Boss Me Around


This month I’m working on the February pants challenge with my fellow The Monthly Stitch contributors. Today it is time to start on my March Challenge with your help.
The March Challenge: Miss Bossy Patterns, lets my readers vote on what I should make next out of my existing pattern stash that I haven’t made up before.  I have quite a few patterns I haven’t tried yet so the trick was narrowing them down and still trying to make them work with what I really need in my wardrobe.  



       

Option 1: McCall's 5525, Timeless Trench Coat.



Option 2: Burda 7303 Classic French  Jacket.


The lining would be quilted and either Blue silk Charmeuse or the Grey silk/cotton blend.


Option 3 is Advance 6567, Vintage Silk Pajamas in Midnight Navy Silk Charmeuse.
.
Inspiration from Audrey Hepburn in Charade.

Option 4:  Bravo Bella Elite Bra. I am in desperate need of basic unmentionables.. I purchased a kit that included a pale green fabric, notions and pattern last year at the Sew and Stitch Expo from Bravo Bella. I intended go home and to sew it up the following week. Most of you know how the rest of the story goes. I have enough fabric to create matching bottoms if the fit goes well.



Go ahead and boss me around, see the sidebar. Voting closes March 1st.









14 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, hard call!! I can't decide between the Trench, French Jacket and the lovely Pajamas. thinking, thinking........ok, I went with timeless trench!! You can't beat something that is timeless, I can't wait to see which one wins. I have my poll up in the blog as well here: http://gjeometry.com/2014/02/13/help-me-obi-wan-kenobi/ Not sure if you've voted or not, but feel free to vote at will!! I check every 5 minutes to see which pattern is in the lead. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I voted already. It is fun to look at everyone's selections.

      Delete
  2. This was so difficult! I wanted the trench, pj's and bra, but eventually voted for the bra...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices. Looking forward to see what wins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very hard poll! Everything is so interesting to sew! I vote for the trench - timeless classic. And I can see, you have the perfect plaid for this project :-). I can't wait to see the results :-)
    I hope you make all of them some day. Thank you, for the link for the bra supplies - I am looking for bra supply shop with reasonable prices in Europe quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should also check http://bramakerssupply.com/ They are in Canada, but have some beautiful fabrics, lace and notions. I will make the bra regardless, because I love pretty things, I just may not make the March deadline.

      Delete
  5. Great choices! I was torn between the burda tweed jacket, so classic and love your fabric choices and the bra, which I'd love to see since I want to make some lingerie myself and would love a review :) Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trench, I voted for the trench coat. Such a timeless classic, you'll get loads of wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo The trench because it is on my waiting list as well. Its a classic every one should have right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all lovely patterns, but I went with the pajamas ;) I am planning to sew pajamas in the near future, and need inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is looking like the pajamas will go on hold for a bit as the trench is winning. Maybe we could sew some pjs together in a sew along or something.

      Delete
  9. Silk pajamas ... who needs those!!! Just the right reason to them :-)

    Herzliche Grüße,
    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I was sewing for myself, it would be pyjamas. If I owned silk pyjamas, I'd probably where them everywhere, walking the dog, grocery shopping, maybe even to bed, but there is just too much awesomeness in a trench coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the idea of silk pajamas, I will eventually make them.

      Delete