Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Monthly Stitch December Challenge

I have been spending the past few weeks trying to decide about the December Monthly Stitch Challenge.

My dilemma is I do not really need another party dress. I have my new Sultry Sheath, it has become my new favorite and I have worn it already three times. There is something about a red dress.
My daughter quickly volunteered herself for a Party dress. She is an aspiring designer who dreams up ideas and now it is time to make the latest one a  reality. Here are some of her inspiration photos.
                                                                 
Polka Dot Polly


TimelessVixenVintage on Etsy


vixen-vintage.com
I will use my Craftsy Susan Kalhje Couture Sewing Class knowledge and start with a muslin then underline the fashion fabric with silk organza.We have selected Gertie's dropped waist cocktail dress from her New Book for Better Sewing. The pattern is a variation on the Wiggle Dress in the book. There are not any new skills I am learning in the process of this project but I will get practice with couture techniques.


and the bubblegum pink wool crepe and silk organza for underlining has arrived from Mood fabrics.



I am calling this The "Think Pink" Dress drawing inspiration from Funny Face. If you have not seen the movie here is a you tube video of the Think Pink music number. Now off to cut the muslin and trace the all of my markings.



6 comments:

  1. Be still my pink + 1950s frock loving heart, these dresses are all magnificent. What wonderful inspiration to have as your jumping off point. Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh how fun this will be! Can't wait to see the think pink creation!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lucky daughter! This is going to be so fabulous, I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! this is going to be so fabulous! I LOVE those pink inspiration dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks as though she desires a dress that looks like a cupcake.
    I can totally relate, cupcake dresses are the best kind of dresses! =]

    ReplyDelete