Sunday, December 8, 2013

1940s Vintage quilted robe.


I started this ambitious project a few weeks ago. There have been as many ups as downs. My daughter had asked for this for Christmas last year and I thought I would finally get it completed and still be considered on time, kind of?  I used Vintage pattern  Butterick 4653. .





 I quilted the ivory satin fabric lined with ivory rayon lining to keep the drape similar to the inspiration photo.
This project would have gone much faster if I had not needed to quilt the fabric or if I was a more experienced quilter. 




 Fabric Tag








I think she is pleased.





8 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! You have outdone yourself! Just hope Tiggy doesn't snag it. Glad to see the throw I made is still in use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she's adorable! And the robe you made looks like you'd find it at a super high end hotel; very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I have this exact project on my to-do list, but it's one of those that seems a little intimidating so keeps getting pushed back.. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It can be daunting. Give yourself plenty of time for breaks.

      Delete
  4. Thoroughly gorgeous robe! You're channeling such an elegant, wonderful old Hollywood starlet vibe here.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Just wow! You did a splendid job and it came out beautifully!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete