I have folded my fabric in half to fit the pattern and used pattern weights
(and other household objects) to hold the pattern down since my pattern is thick brown paper it is difficult to use pins.
I cut out the slippery fabric with success. The instructions suggest that you do the embroidery before the robe is assembled. I am leaning towards lining the robe to help to protect and cover the embroidery threads.
Here are the embroidery patterns that came with the pattern.
I have this pattern from my vintage stash. I think this pattern would fit very easily on the back easily but I like the other flowers better. I am not sure which one I will use yet.
I think it will work nicely. Now off to my local fabulous fabric store Nancys Sewing Basket for embroidery floss.
Pretty Silk Embroidery Floss...so many colors to choose from
I have decided on these for the flowers
Leaves of Tea
I plan to practice the embroidery while catching up on the last few episodes of Project Runway.