Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Staying on Task in the Summer.

I have completed my muslin for the Craftsy Sew the Perfect Fit Class .I understand the importance of creating a muslin or test garment but find myself bored with the process.I am not sure why but  maybe because the fabric itself leads a little to be desired and I have not yet decided on a fashion fabric. I found my mind wandering and thinking about other things I want to sew. I had a hard time staying on task feeling  a little like a school child looking out the window on a sunny spring day in Seattle.If you live in the Pacific Northwest then you know what I mean.Never the less,I completed my muslin for Vogue 8766.  
I stay stitched the waistline of skirt and neckline of bodice. I added the thread tracings to mark my 1" seam allowance on the top of the skirt and the rest was only basting seams. Now I am waiting until we have our group meet up in a few weeks. 
Back with zipper opening.

Front of skirt 


Right now I have Simplicty 3857  pattern  on my mind. The Pattern is a size smaller than what I would normally choose so I will have to do some adjustments. I plan to do view 2 and omit the pockets. Cute right? It would make a nice addition to my everyday items to wear with skirts or shorts this summer.

Michael Miller Clip Dot (Fabric.com)
I found Michael Miller white cotton dot from Fabric.com The fabric arrived yesterday and I have washed, dried and added it to my ironing pile.
I also have my eye on Gertie's Shirtdress from her New Book for Better Sewing
 I liked this one right away when I first opened the book and keep have returning to it.

 I finally decided to splurge on some lovely retro inspired Liberty of London fabric also ordered form Fabric.com. I can see myself wearing this all summer.Don't you think this is a great fabric choice?

As I have been dreaming of what is next, my daughter has been doing the same.I guess it is in the air. She love retro fashion and wants a classic retro inspired playsuit with a skirt. Something like this.Except  with a full closure instead of a tie on waist.
Simplicity 2120 from 1947 

 She would sew it herself but is busy in camp over the next few weeks. It really looks straight forward so I offered to sew it for her.The skirt should come together easily but fitting the top may be a challenge because she is so small.I am now looking for simple patterns for the top from our vintage stash .
                After all its Summer In Seattle and time for summer clothes. Do you agree?




1 comment:

  1. I did have your blog saved! I just didn't remember because I hadn't seen your face pop up on it! Thanks for a great class and meet up today!

    ReplyDelete