Friday, July 12, 2013

Retro Inspired Skirted Playsuit

My Daughter has been eyeing cute summer skirted playsuits and I offered to sew one for her.She has been showing me some inspiration from her Pinterest board for a while of what she was looking for.She combined the ideas from these three to create exactly what she was dreaming of.
Cynical Girl Patterns on Etsy

Ebay listing

Etsy

 After scouring the internet searching for the perfect pattern close to her size I came across a blog Post from Heather Lou from Closet Case Files.
I will follow her recommendations from the skirt she made for her playsuit and use Gertie's New Book For Better Sewing.



Dirndl Skirt
I really like this book, the instructions are easy to follow and It is easy to read while sewing. 
Adding in 5/8"seam allowance
 The skirt was very simple pattern to draft and assemble. It tool me about 1 hour last evening  Today I added a simple white cotton batiste lining because the fabric is thin and slightly sheer. I completed the assembly including the lapped side zipper I am leaving the bound buttonhole for another evening this weekend. We are ready for a fitting.

Add caption
Mint and White Gingham Cotton from Nancy's Sewing Basket in Seattle
All and all an enjoyable project and therefore adding extra love and joy to the recipient when she wears it. She did request that I take my time and not rush through it getting cranky in the process. Hmmm Do I do that?


1 comment: