Sunday, July 14, 2013

Drafting a Top for the Playsuit

The Skirt Fits and has passed inspection. Now onto the top.
We have looked through our vintage and modern pattern stash and have decided on using these two and creating our own version.

Advance 828 


Simplicity 3460

Back of Simplicity 3460

She likes the square neckline and closer fit of the first one but the length and buttoned back of the second one. These are both close to her size and she has sewn the first one already. I know that we may have to do the same fitting alteration of removing 1 inch from the front of the bodice. The pattern features back button closure as requested by the customer.

The pattern is the right size and close to the desired style.I will make a muslin first to be sure fit is correct.
I drafted the pattern combining the two and making it shorter.
Pattern 2 below the tracing paper and pattern 1 above it.

The muslin is complete and ready for a fitting. I am pretty pleased but the real test will be my tough customer. Wish me luck.



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the completed garment. Did you know my mom used to sew for me as well?

    ReplyDelete