Monday, July 22, 2013

Completed Summer Retro Inspired Playsuit

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream



I did it! Just in time for the last month of rare summer days in Seattle.
     
           Fabric is from Nancy's Sewing Basket Mint and White Gingham all cotton with a white cotton lining

Here is how it all started Retro Skirted Playsuit and Drafting a Top.
The muslin fit well except for the dart placement. As with many vintage patterns the vintage undergarments changed the fit of the item. I moved the dart down and redrew the lower bodice dart creating a much nicer fit.

I am pretty proud of myself drafting a new pattern from two others and an idea in my daughters head. she has posted many photos on her blog, Bobby Socks Girl. If you are interested in vintage fashion, hair and makeup then check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute, I love the buttons at the back! That fabric store sounds really good too :)

    ReplyDelete